AutoTopsDirect - Terrible quality

Featured Not resolved
Turnaround Time

AutoTopsDirect I've had the soft top on my 96 Miata for about a month. Half of that time the car has been kept in a garage and out of the elements (central North Carolina).

Today I noticed one of the seams was starting to come apart, first on the outside and now on the inside (rain now drips in)(see photos). I'm very disappointed that despite painstakingly installing and caring for it, it has still started to fail.

If you want something that will last more than 2 weeks , I would recommend you spend the money on a top actually made to last. If you just need something for a week or two, then you can take the gamble on this one.

Cons: cheap, thin, poor longetivity, back plastic window creases/scratches easily, LOUD (no noise insulation as compared to factory quality tops)

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Product or Service Mentioned: Car Convertible Top.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 01.

AutoTopsDirect - Dishonest business

2.2
Turnaround Time

The actual convertible top appears to be a good product. The service is awful!!

I called the company before I purchased to discuss what instructions come with the top, I was assured that I would be sent a PDF with detailed pictures and instructions, and I could call back with any questions...well that is a lie!

They send you a PDF that tells you nothing and worst yet the pictures are so blurred and grainy you could be looking at the space shuttle for all you know...I called back to get some assistance as I had a few questions, the young man who answered knew nothing about convertibles or convertible tops, he told me to send some pictures and someone "technical" would get back with me...I sent the pictures and emails and yes indeed...yet another lie. Why would you allow someone who is not familiar with your products to answer your phones??

If you are a professional installer-this is a good basic top-other than that-RUN, do not walk away from this company.

If it sounds too good to be true it is! These are not honest people.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 22.

AutoTopsDirect Mazda miata convertible top is Junk

Turnaround Time

Smoke, melted vinyl and shattered window. Lloyd (their only service tech, apparently) is rude, refused to help my fiance and hung up when I called. Won't honor warranty terms. DO NOT BUY.

AutoTopsDirect Mazda miata convertible top is Junk Miata replacement tops are a FIRE HAZARD. Refused warranty service for faulty rear defroster solder. Smoke, melted vinyl and shattered window. Lloyd (their only service tech, apparently) is rude, refused to help my fiance and hung up when I called.

Won't honor warranty terms. DO NOT BUY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Car Convertible Top.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 22, 2017.

Comments

Cicero, Illinois, United States #1338141

Indeed if the accusations are correct why would I--or anybody--want to do business with these chaps. Never can tell the size and quality of an internet-run business. @-guys in the back room.